3dMB Ltd are approved by the Civilian Aviation Authority (CAA) with Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO). The PfCO is a legal requirement for anyone carrying out drone based flight operations for payment or other personal gain. We are listed on the CAA website here.
3dMB Ltd carry specialist drone based public liability insurance as covered in regulation EC 785/2004 upto £1,000,000 per claim. This limit can be increased if required.
3dMB Ltd are members of the Drone Safe Register who mandate that only commercial operators with the correct accreditation may join. Find us here.
The Air Navigation Order 2016 is the UK law for all flight. ANO2016 contains a number of articles that drone operations must comply to:
- Article 94 – small unmanned aircraft: requirements
- Article 94A – small unmanned aircraft: permissions for certain flights
- Article 94B – small unmanned aircraft: interpretations of expressions used in the definition “flight restriction zone”
- Article 95 – small unmanned surveillance aircraft
- Article 241 – endangering safety of any person or property
Full information on the above articles is available here:
Conditions within our PfCO state:
- 3dMB Ltd may carry out operations over or within 150m of any congested area
- 3dMB Ltd may not carry out operations:
- Beyond visual line of sight between operator and aircraft or 500m distance
- At an altitude greater than 400 feet above ground level
- Over or within 150m of an organised gathering of 1000 people or more
- Within 50m of any person, vessel, vehicle or structure that is not under our control